Awesome Veterinary Small Animal Emergency Medicine app for iOS and Android devices
Content creation by Shailen Jasani, Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (DACVECC)
CLICK THE ICONS TO NAVIGATE TO THE APP....
Helping you to do the BEST FOR YOUR PATIENTS...
Clinical veterinary practice: the satisfaction of knowing that you have done the best for your patients; isn’t that what we all want?
- EMERGENCY MEDICINE CAN BE BUSY and STRESSFUL with sometimes many seriously ill or injured patients.
- When managing these patients you need the convenience of QUICK RELIABLE PRACTICAL information.
- What is more CONVENIENT than your phone in your pocket or your iPad?
- With DOWNLOADED OFFLINE content that does not depend on a stable internet connection - let's face it, this can be a problem in veterinary practices!
This is where the KIMBA Veterinary Emergency Medicine Small Animal app comes in.
Got a dog in hypovolaemic shock from acute haemorrhagic diarrhoea syndrome? Need a quick reminder of cardiovascular perfusion assessment? What about guidelines on fluid resuscitation and a fluid dose calculator?
Got a tomcat with urethral obstruction (“blocked cat”)? Need a quick reminder of management priorities? What about how to treat clinically significant hyperkalaemia including drug doses and a dose calculator?
Drug dose calculators:
- Single doses
- Single agent infusions
- Multiagent infusions, including separate morphine-lidocaine-ketamine (MLK) calculator
Fluid therapy calculators:
- Bolus calculator
- Infusion calculator
- Most commonly used emergency medicine drugs with doses, routes and additional comments
- Separate searchable canine and feline formularies
- Extensive ‘5-minute consult’ style information on a variety of emergency complaints and disorders – including all the classics!
- Quick check data including e.g. physiological parameters, potassium and glucose supplementation charts, and CPR drug doses
- Separate sections on transfusion medicine and on neonates
- Clinical image gallery including radiographs and ECG strips
The app is downloaded to work OFFLINE offering guaranteed reliability irrespective of your practice’s internet connection.
This app is for VETERINARY SURGEONS and NURSES/TECHS working in small animal/mixed practice. The app will be most valuable to those dealing with emergency patients…but oh wait, isn’t that all veterinary practices?! The calculators and formularies are especially useful to everyone regardless of how many emergency patients you see.
The app will also be very helpful for veterinary STUDENTS (doctors, nurses/techs) as a learning resource and clinical tool – including in those stolen moments in between seeing a case and being quizzed about it by an educator! We’ve got your back!
The app content was created by Shailen Jasani, a small animal veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ECC) specialist (Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care) with extensive experience in both primary care and referral practice.
Shailen also has considerable teaching experience, especially with primary care vets and nurses/techs and with students.
Based on this experience, Shailen has created an app that provides practical help to colleagues working in clinical practice.